Monday, September 26, 2011

Elmers Glue Crackle Paint

Have you ever seen people crackle paint with Elmer's glue? I saw it on a blog and wanted to try it on this big mirror I bought for my bedroom last year. It has been hanging out in the garage all year and this summer I finally pulled it out to paint it. First thing I did was tape it off and spray paint it blue

When that was dry I painted on a thick layer of Elmer's glue. When it was not dry but tacky I painted on a layer of the green paint
Sure enough it started to crackle!
 So Fun! I decided to add some stain and wipe it off just because it drives me crazy when things look too new, I don't know why but then it looked like this
 Then I hung it on my wall in my bedroom right between my closet and bathroom
 Here it is up close
 Sorry the pictures are not that great but I really liked how it turned out and now I know a cheap way to crackle finish stuff.





No comments:

Post a Comment