Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter Treats!

So I have been baking some Easter goodies to take over to James' Dads house tomorrow and thought I would share them with ya. The first one is called Monkey "Peep Peep" Bread the main ingredients
weird right? I am not all that fond of peeps, I had a severe overdose not to long ago....but we wont talk about that:) So I wasn't sure I could ever eat a peep again until this recipe, so if you hate peeps no worries, you cant even taste them. Here is what you need for the recipe
  INGREDIENTS:
  • 2 cans (16.3 ounces) reduced fat buttermilk biscuits (or homemade recipe)
  • 3/4 cup pink granulated sugar*
  • 16 pink marshmallow Peep bunnies 
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Lightly spray a 9″ circular pan, bread pan, bunt pan, or other pan of choice.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Open both cans of biscuits.  Cut each biscuit into fourths.  Set aside.
 With a pair of tweezers or scissors, gently remove Peep bunny's’ eyes and noses.*I just used my fingers and ripped them off*
In a large microwave-safe bowl, microwave marshmallow Peeps, butter, and vanilla extract on high for 1-2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.  Whisk until smooth.
Lightly dip each biscuit fourth into marshmallow mixture, letting excess syrup drip off.  Roll lightly in pink sugar and place in prepared pan.




                                                 Repeat with all remaining biscuit fourths.
 Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
                                       Let cool for 10 minutes and turn out of pan on to a plate
  
* Note: To make pink sugar, combined 3/4 cup sugar and 1-3 drops red food coloring in a Ziploc bag.  Shake, occasionally squishing any red sugar clumps that form, until a light pink hue is reached. 






 Its so yummy, and it pulls apart in perfect eating pieces!
The Other thing I made is a vanilla pudding cake, why a vanilla pudding cake because I have a super picky Brother in law who wont eat any good stuff like chocolate, peanut butter, fruit ect. and normally I would just make what I want and he is S.O.L. but I was feeling nice this holiday and thought I would try to make stuff everyone would enjoy:)
Ingredients:
  • 1 Large package of white oreo cookies
  • 8 oz. package cream cheese
  • 16 oz. cool whip
  • 1 Large box or 2 small boxes of vanilla pudding
  • 3/4 cup powdered sugar
  • 3 cups milk 
  • 3/4 cup butter or margarine
  • graham crackers
crush cookies and graham crackers

 mix butter, powder sugar, and cream cheese till creamy
in a seperate bowl mix pudding, milk and cool whip
Then combine both bowls and mix together
layer cookies and a layer of graham cracker on bottom of baking pan
spread creamy mixture over top
top with the rest of the crushed cookies and graham crackers

cover and refrigerate for a few hours before serving, store in in the fridge.
It really is an EASY and yummy cake. In my family growing up we made it for our cats birthday, yes you heard me right our cats birthday! You put it in a brand new kitty litter pan and  put tootsie rolls on top and serve with a brand new cat pooper scooper, gross right, that was the point, kinda like those dirt cakes with gummy worms. I made a kitty litter cake for a Halloween party where every one had to bring dishes that looked gross and mine was the winner! But it tastes so good you can serve it this way in a glass dish and no one is the wiser haha. Yes Mom I am taking the kitty litter cake to Easter dinner :) Hope everyone has a wonderful Easter!!









4 comments:

  1. MEGS! Im so glad you started a blog! I cant believe you didnt tell me until now!! I love all your cute things and hearing you "talk" through your blog makes me miss you so so so much! I love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that peeps cake looks really good and i hate peeps so that says a lot. and i love that you turned the kitty litter cake into a classy dish :) oh and i did my first blog post lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steph I thought you knew because I follow yours and left you some comments, I love hearing you talk through your blog too:)

    Katie I now am a follower of your blog as well, I left ya a comment:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so wanna make this Kitty Litter cake. It looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete